From the Project CBD Archives:
Cannabis & Autism: A Complex Pairing
CBD and THC ease behavioral and health problems linked to autism spectrum disorder.
Autism, Rare Cannabinoids & the ECS
Reporting from the frontlines of cannabis science.
Autism & Endocannabinoid Dysfunction
Excerpted from “The Essential Guide to CBD” by the Editors of Reader’s Digest and Project CBD.
Research Breakthrough: Cannabis & Autism
An interview with Bonni Goldstein, MD.
Scientific Research on CBD & Cannabis for Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Endocannabinoid Signaling in Autism
- Mutations found in individuals with autism interfere with endocannabinoid signaling in the brain
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2, but not type 1, is up-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children affected by autistic disorders
- A novel approach to the symptomatic treatment of autism
- Consequences of cannabinoid and monoaminergic system disruption in a mouse model of autism spectrum disorders
- Targeting the endocannabinoid system in the treatment of fragile X syndrome
- Deficient adolescent social behavior following early-life inflammation is ameliorated by augmentation of anandamide signaling