From the Project CBD Archives:
CBD and THC ease behavioral and health problems linked to autism spectrum disorder.
Reporting from the frontlines of cannabis science.
Excerpted from “The Essential Guide to CBD” by the Editors of Reader’s Digest and Project CBD.
An interview with Bonni Goldstein, MD.
Scientific Research on CBD & Cannabis for Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Endocannabinoid Signaling in Autism
- Mutations found in individuals with autism interfere with endocannabinoid signaling in the brain
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2, but not type 1, is up-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children affected by autistic disorders
- A novel approach to the symptomatic treatment of autism
- Consequences of cannabinoid and monoaminergic system disruption in a mouse model of autism spectrum disorders
- Targeting the endocannabinoid system in the treatment of fragile X syndrome
- Deficient adolescent social behavior following early-life inflammation is ameliorated by augmentation of anandamide signaling