From the Project CBD Archives:
Excerpted from “The Essential Guide to CBD” by the Editors of Reader’s Digest and Project CBD.
Scientists are investigating the health benefits of the ‘food of the gods.’
New discoveries highlight CBD’s potential for treating anxiety, cancer, heart disease, substance abuse, brain injuries, and more.
Scientific Research on CBD & Cannabis for Cardiovascular Disease:
- Study: History of cannabis use associated with increased survival rates among heart attack patients
- CBD as an anti-arrhythmic, the role of the CB1 receptors
- Is the cardiovascular system a therapeutic target for CBD?
- Acute administration of CBD in vivo suppresses ischaemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias and reduces infarct size when given at reperfusion
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- The effect of CBD on ischemia/reperfusion-induced ventricular arrhythmias
- CBD protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injury
- Endocannabinoids acting at cannabinoid-1 receptors regulate cardiovascular function in hypertension
- Oleamide: A fatty acid amide signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system?
- Cannabidiol protects against doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy by modulating mitochondrial function and biogenesis
- The role of the endocannabinoid system in atherosclerosis
- Cannabinoid receptors in atherosclerosis
- The potential use of cannabidiol in the therapy of metabolic syndrome