From the Project CBD Archives:
Coming Soon: Cannabinoids for Arthritis
Cannabinoids seem promising for treating the symptoms or progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
Trade in Your Ibuprofen for Cannabis
Suffering from inflammation? Consider cannabis.
CBD for Pain: What Does the Science Say?
Excerpted from “CBD: What Does the Science Say?” by By Linda Parker, Erin M. Rock, and Raphael Mechoulam.
Scientific Research on CBD & Cannabis for Arthritis:
- Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis
- The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis
- Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in osteoarthritis
- The abnormal cannabidiol analogue O-1602 reduces nociception in a rat model of acute arthritis via the putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55
- Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis
- Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress