From the Project CBD Archives:
Not So Funny Bones
Cannabis and CBD for bone disease.
CBD as Preventative Medicine
Excerpted from “CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medicinal Cannabis–Healing without the High” by Leonard Leinow and Juliana Birnbaum.
Scientific Research About CBD & Cannabis for Osteoporosis:
- CBD Enhances Fracture Healing and Stimulates Lysyl Hydroxylase Activity in Osteoblasts
- Cannabinoid receptors as target for treatment of osteoporosis: A tale of two therapies
- Cannabinoids and bone: Friend or foe?
- Cannabinoid receptor type 1 protects against age-related osteoporosis by regulating osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation in marrow stromal cells
- Cannabinoids and the skeleton: From marijuana to reversal of bone loss
- The endovanilloid/endocannabinoid system: A new potential target for osteoporosis therapy
- The endovanilloid/endocannabinoid system in human osteoclasts: Possible involvement in bone formation and resorption
- Endocannabinoids and the regulation of bone metabolism
- Cannabinoid receptors and the regulation of bone mass
- Natural products as alternative treatments for metabolic bone disorders and for maintenance of bone health
- Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone mass
- Regulation of bone mass, bone loss and osteoclast activity by cannabinoid receptors
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids may mutually benefit both obesity and osteoporosis
- Skeletal lipidomics: Regulation of bone metabolism by fatty acid amide family