From the Project CBD Archives:
Managing Nausea with Cannabis
CBD and CBDA interact with serotonin receptors to ease nausea and vomiting.
Cannabinoids for Nausea
Preventing nausea is a common medical use of cannabis.
Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome
What you need to know about the cyclic vomiting syndrome linked to cannabis use.
Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome
Project CBD speaks with Dr. Ethan Russo about an enigmatic condition.
Scientific Research on CBD & Cannabis for Nausea:
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
- CBD, a non-psychotropic component of cannabis, attenuates vomiting and nausea-like behaviour via indirect agonism of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic autoreceptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus
- Cannabidiolic acid prevents vomiting in Suncus murinus and nausea-induced behaviour in rats by enhancing 5-HT1A receptor activation
- Interaction between non-psychotropic cannabinoids in marihuana: effect of cannabigerol (CBG) on the anti-nausea or anti-emetic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in rats and shrews
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids
- CBD: its synthetic dimethylheptyl homolog suppress nausea in an experimental model with rats
- Preliminary efficacy and safety of an oromucosal standardized cannabis extract in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- Effect of combined oral doses of THC & CBDA on acute and anticipatory nausea in rat models
- Motion sickness, stress and the endocannabinoid system
- Dexamethasone alleviates motion sickness in rats in part by enhancing the endocannabinoid system