CBD and Mānuka honey are potent allies in the fight against bacterial infections, including antibiotic-resistant Staph (MRSA). This potent healing salve combines two superstar ingredients shown to help heal minor wounds and stave off infection.
- Kitchen scale
- Spice/coffee grinder
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Double boiler and/or crockpot
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Small glass jars for finished oil and topicals, preferably amber or other dark color
- 1/2 cup CBD topical base oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon Mānuka honey
- 2-3 tablespoons beeswax pellets, or finely chopped beeswax
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 6 drops lavender oil
- 6 drops thyme oil
- 6 drops oregano oil
- Make CBD topical base oil
- Warm CBD topical base oil in a double boiler.
- Add shea butter and beeswax and stir until fully mixed.
- Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Add Mānuka honey and essential oils and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into small glass jars, label, date and store in a cool, dark place.
Due to the honey, this salve is a bit sticky, but it works extremely well. Apply a thin layer of salve over a clean, superficial wound or other area where antimicrobial action is desired. Not intended for deep or puncture wounds.
Other Home Remedy Recipes
- CBD Topical Base Oil
- Anti-Itch Cream
- Inflammation & Pain Balm
- Inflammation & Pain Tincture
- Sleep Aid Tincture
- Stress Relief Tincture
Melinda Misuraca is a Project CBD contributing writer with a past life as an old-school cannabis farmer specializing in CBD-rich cultivars. © Copyright, Project CBD. May not be reprinted without permission.
Recipe for CBD Topical Base Oil
This CBD base oil recipe can be used in a variety of topical home remedies.
Recipe for Sleep Aid Tincture
A one-to-one ratio of CBD-to-THC can be very effective for sleep.
Recipe for CBD Pain Relief Balm
Many plants can help soothe sore muscles and joints.